Effective date: June 25, 2019
Welcome to Ultimate Drill Book Inc. (“we”, “our”, “us”), which owns and operates ultimatedrillbook.com (“Site”) and the UDBapp (“Application”).
Agreeing to Terms
When you are:
- Visiting the Site
- Accessing and using the Application
- Providing information to us by other means such as email, phone, messenger, and third-party mediums
What Information We Collect and How It Is Used
In general, the information we gather enables us to provide the services to you and helps us learn more about the use of the Site and/or Application. We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily and Automatically Collected Information that neither personally identifies you nor directly relates to any specific person (collectively, “the Information”).
Information You Provide
- Through your use of the Site
When you’re using the Site, we collect no Information.
- Through your use of Application
The Application obtains the Personal Information you provide when you download and sign in to the Application. Signing with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Application unless you register with us.
When you sign up to UDBapp, we you provide and we collect your email address (which is used to recover your password) and full name you choose to sign your account with. We also collect instrument, band rank, password and, if you choose to provide it, a profile photo.
When using Attendance and/or Calendar features of the Application, you provide your real-time location and manage (create, edit, or remove) appointments in your Google Calendar.
When you send an email to the email@example.com, we keep a record of our communication. This includes your email, name and the conversation history. This helps us develop, deliver, protect and improve our products, services, content and customer communication.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Application uses third-party services provided by Google LLC (“Google”) to improve the quality of the Application and our services. Using these services, we collect data that does not identify you.
This data is used to continuously improve and maintain the Application. This data is transferred to, stored and processed in the United States and other countries where the Google services operate. Google is certified under both the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks.
These services include:
- Fabric Crashlytics. It collects device-specific information (like model and operating system version) and crash traces. This data is collected to improve the quality of Application and our services.
- Google Cloud Platform. This service is used for (i) using the Google Calendar API for creating and deleting Google calendars (ii) using the Google Places API for the attendance check ins on selected locations.
- Native iOS services (CLGeocoder) for the attendance check ins on selected locations.
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Application and our service.
Further Details About Third Party Services Providers
Here are the links to privacy policies of third-party service providers used by the Application:
- Google Play Services for Android OS.
- Google Cloud Platform Terms of Service
- Crashlytics Agreement and Data Processing and Security Terms
- Apple Media Services for iOS.
How We Use Information
We may use the Information:
- to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, provide services, or complete transactions you have requested.
- to send you information regarding the Application, changes to our terms, conditions, and Policy and/or other administrative information.
- to resolve problems with the Application.
- to create an individual profile and provide personalized services.
- to suggest that you use or take advantage of certain features within the Application.
We do not use or share nor plan to use or share or in any other way disclose any Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If we were to change this practice, we would notify you 30 days prior to any of such events take place so that you may choose to opt out.
Do Third Parties See and/or Have Access to Information Collected by the Application?
We may disclose the Information:
- as required and permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- with our trusted service providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if Ultimate Drill Book is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of the Information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Personal Information for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete Personal Information that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the Personal Information may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
How We Protect the Information
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application.
Please be aware that, although we provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. It is for this reason we recommend you to use serious caution when browsing the internet. This particularly applies to sending or receiving emails so we suggest use caution when deciding what information to send via email.
Important Notice for Residents of European Economic Area and Japan
Your rights as the personal information data subject include reviewing, correcting, accessing, updating, and deleting information we hold about you. The rights also include requesting the transfer of the copy, restricting the processing of this information by means that include automated decision-making and profiling, and more.
We follow the rules set forth by GDPR and encourage you to read https://gdpr-info.eu, especially the Chapter 3 and Chapter 5, to learn about your rights and data transfer regulations. To learn more about Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information, please read https://iclg.com/practice-areas/data-protection-laws-and-regulations/japan.